Peter J. Duffy
(617) 439-9800 Ext. 3
Family Law/Child Abductions, Probate, Employment Law, Insurance Coverage, Commercial Litigation
- Numerous family law and probate representations through trial including proceedings on alimony, property division, child custody, child support, removal actions, modification, contempt, paternity, restraining orders, fiduciary challenges, and will contests.
- Secured favorable separation agreements for family law clients through negotiation, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Litigated through trial business valuation disputes involving companies in industries such as engineering services, construction management, mortgage brokerage, automobile finance and retail sales.
- Represented individuals and companies large and small in an array of commercial matters including employment, contract, unfair competition, restrictive covenants, landlord-tenant and insurance coverage litigation.
- Successful jury and bench trials throughout state courts and in federal court for plaintiffs and defendants.
Professional and Community Activities
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor of Criminal Justice, Quinsigamond Community College, courses on Constitutional Law, Evidence, and Courtroom Procedure
- Fourth Degree Member of the Knights of Columbus, Council Number 2182
- Children’s Champion Award, Pakachoag Acres Day Care Center, Inc.,
- Opening Doors for Children Award, Holland & Knight, LLP
- “’Sudden and Accidental’ Exception to Standard Pollution Exclusion Clause Not Ambiguous, Must Be Given ‘Temporal’ Meaning,” Insurance Law Report (May 9, 2002)
- “United States and Canadian Labor Law Provisions: An Argument for Certification without Majority,” 11 B.U. Int’l L. J. 177 (1993)
- Connecticut, 1993
- Massachusetts, 1994
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- J.D., cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 1993; Case and Note Editor, Boston University International Law Journal
- B.S., cum laude, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 1990